Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicago's Lakeside View

I believe each city has its own charisma and charm. I've only been to Chicago in the summer, so I only know of the cool breeze Lake Michigan provides on hot days. Though, I hear during the winter months, the lake effect is bone chilling. Even so, I think the city's charisma and charm includes the lake, which is 307 miles in length, 118 miles wide, turquoise blue and is bordered by the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana.  It almost appears like the Atlantic Ocean seen from Florida shores. The Navy Pier gives you a picturesque view. I happened to be in town during the Taste of Tall Ships. Here are some of my photos:




The Lynx, a schooner,  interprets the general configuration and operation of a privateer schooner or naval schooner from the War of 1812.


No comments:

Post a Comment